Skip to main content

5 Extreme Tips for Japan Travel Taught by Japanese!




Hey guys~

I'm a travel addict Japanese blogger.


You found this blog, so you are thinking about traveling to Japan, right?

I sometimes travel abroad.

But more often I travel around Japan, because it costs less lol.


So today I'll introduce 20 extreme tips for you!

I'm sure there are many blogs writing about Japan travel tips.

But the writers are foreigners.

Some information they wrote are wrong.



I, as a Japanese traveler, made up my mind to write about them.








 [ Japan Travel Tips ]




1. Wifi


Most of us are internet addiction.

We need Wifi everywhere we go.

I'm afraid to say that, but free wifi access in Japan is not good.

There are Wifi in some big station, airport.

But many station don't have wifi facilities.

If you need wifi definitely, go to the Macdonalds or Starbucks.

These exist everywhere, except rural area.



If you have poor sense of direction, I recommend to use pocket wifi or SIM card.

I'm Japanese, but I often lose my way.

(what dafuq is google map there for?)









2. Train


https://world.jorudan.co.jp/mln/en/?sub_lang=nosub

Go there and search your route.

The trains in Japan is basically punctual.

Go to the station, and buy the ticket, and wait for the train.


When the train arrives, you need to wait all the people who wants to get off come out, and get on.



In the escalator, you should stand in the right side in Osaka.

But in other prefectures, you should stand in the left side.

Make space for people in a hurry.


Actually we are not supposed to walk in the escalator, because the action may damages it....

But few Japanese don't know it, so you don't have to care about so much.








3. Phrase for Japan Travel


You can't speak Japanese?

Don't worry.

There are some phrases you can use for travel to Japan.





[Arigatou gozaimasu] (Thank you)

It means "Thank you" in polite.

Of course you can communicate by using "Thank you".

But speaking Japanese will be a special experience for you.

Plus, Japanese think it is difficult for foreigners to learn it.

If you speak Japanese, they will be very impressed and glad.






[ ×× wa dok ni arimasuka ] (Where is ××?)

If you lose your way, you can use this phrase.

You will often use it.





[Yabai] (Awesome or terrible)

Lolol.

This slang is so popular among the young in Japan.

It has many kinds of meaning, so you can use it anytime.

I assure you can make Japanese laugh, if you use it.





[Suimasen] (Excuse me or Sorry)

It has two meanings.

You can use it when you want to draw attention.

For example, the case you want to order food.

You can also use it for apologizing.







4. Japanese Manners

There are some manners only Japanese have.

Recently most people don't care about them, but some are still nervous.

There are some examples.




・Do not talk with a phone in trains.

Most people hates it.

There is a experiment that people feel uncomfortable when they hear someone talking but they don't hear person on the phone talking.

If you have to do it, talk in whisper.




・Do not eat food in trains.

Idk why, but many people hate it.

I guess the reasons are smell, dirtiness, or something.

When I and classmates discussed about the problem in the class, all of us don't care about it.

But my parents said they hated it.

Umm... I think elderly people care about it.

I recommend not to do it, if you don't want to run a risk.




・Take off shoes when you go into someone's house.

If you are asian, you probably know this tradition.

If you are European, you may not know it.

Take off your shoes at the door or entrance.







5. Things you should bring



https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bravolang.dictionary.japanese

I really wanted to recommend this app.

You can use it for free even while offline.

It enable you translating both English into Japanese and Japanese into English.

Most words can be searched with it, I guess.

I always use it whenever I go abroad. It′s sooo useful.





Thats all.

Hope you enjoyed this blog.

Feel free to comment.

Have a good travel!





Instagram→atmys2

I post travel pics on my Instagram account.

Follow me and take a look at my pics!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Over 300 Songs] BTS All Songs and Covers List in Order A to Z

Hey guys! I'm a Japanese ARMY who wants to communicate with international ARMY. Forgive me some grammar mistakes;; Well, today I'll introduce all songs by BTS in order a to z. Actually I wrote about it in Japanese, and it seems to meet a big demand. So I made up my mind to wrote it in English. There is already a blog about all songs list in order,  or by each album. And I will wrote it a to z. Please comment, if  there were any songs I didn't wrote down. ・Album Songs 00:00 134340 2!3! 21st Century Girl 24/7=heaven A Brand New Day (ft. Zara Larsson) Airplane Pt.2 All Night (ft. Juice WRLD) Am I Wrong Anpanman Answer: Love Myself A Supplementary Story : You Never Walk Alone AWAKE Bapsae(Silver Spoon) Bapsae(Silver Spoon) Japanese ver. BEGIN Best Of Me Best Of Me Japanese ver. Blanket Kick Black Swan Blood Sweat & Tears Blood Sweat & Tears Japanese ver. Boy In Luv Boy In Luv Japanese ver. Boy In L

BTS Member Names and Nicknames in Japanese! told by Japanese ARMY

Hey guys I'm Japanese ARMY who wants to communicate with Intl ARMY. My bias is Yoongi, and my bias wrecker is Jin. To think what can I do as Japanese ARMY, I came up with the idea to write their names in Japanese. I am also wondering whether I should write about my experiences in BTS concert in Japan... Anyway, today I will write down BTS Names List for Intl ARMY who wants to search FA, Pics, Movies posted by Japanese ARMY. First of all, BTS is called as 防弾少年団(Boudan Syounendan) in Japan. But most Japanese ARMY use "バンタン(Bangtan)" as Korean ARMY. Well, let's talk about Names and Nicknames of Members. ・Jin Jin is basically called as "ジン(Jin)""ソクジン(SoekJin)". Some people use "ソクジニ、ソッジニ(Soekjin-i)" affectionately. Nickname List ・ジンくん(Jin Kun) ・ジン兄さん(Jin Bro) ・左から3番目の男(Third man from the left) ・SUGA/Yoongi Yoongi is called as "ユンギ(Yoongi)""シュガ(

[BTS] All BTS Rap Line Songs List

  Hi, I wrote the article on all bts songs long long time ago. And I decided to wrote about all bts rap line songs as hiphop lover. Here we go. ●Who is rap line? It means RM(namjoon), SUGA(Yoongi), J-HOPE(Hoseok). ●All Rap Line Songs Cypher 1 Cypher 2 : Triptych Cypher 3 :Killer Cypher 4 Satoori Rap Intro : Skool Luv Affair UGH! DDAENG Outro: Tear Respect (RM, SG) All Night (ft. Juice WRLD) Outro: Her ●Songs by RM Intro : Persona REFLECTION Intro:What am I to you Trivia 承:Love *Mixtape* Voices Do You Awakening Monster Drop Joke God Rap Rush ft. Krizz Kaliko Life Drifting I Believe tokyo seoul(prod.HONNE) moonchild badbye(with eAeon) uhgood everythingoes(with NELL) forever rain *Cover Songs and Other Songs* Crying over you feat. HONNE (RM) Champion (RM, Yong Guk, Zelo, Suga, Jenissi, Kidoh, 4MC) Because I’m a foolish woman (RM, Kan Mi Youn) Ashes (RM, JLim, Iron) Stupid in love (RM, SoYou) Umbrella (RM, Yuiko) Champion (Fall Out Boy ft.RM) F*ck Cockroachez (RM ft.ZICO) You Can't