Skip to main content

A Complete Guide to Ikeshima pt.1: How to Get Coal Mining Islnd Filled with Cats






Hey guys.




Short time no see.

Let me introduce about myself to people who don't know me.

I'm Japanese travel blogger wanting you guys to know about Japan more.




Yesterday I wrote about my travel to Gunkanjima in Nagasaki.
(Ultimate Gide to Coal Mining Island Gunkanjima(Hashima), Nagasaki by Japanese)

At that time, also visited Ikeshima.







Ikeshima, former coal mining island, is not known to most people including Japanese.

Few people who love abandoned places like me know it...

It is the island where miners lived as Gunkanjima.

But there are still a few people living in Ikeshima.




You can explore around island, and see abandoned buildings and mines.

If you book a mine tour, you can even enter into a mine.







Moreover, there are a lot of cats.

I was surprised to hear that there are much more cats than people.

Cat lovers MUST visit there, I claim.



Do u know cat cafe?

Ikeshima is like a cat cafe for free.





Ok, this article is about how to get Ikeshima, and where you should stay.

The photos I took in Ikeshima, the story of my explore will be shown in the next article.

Stay tuned guys.







How to get Ikeshima?



Probably most people come from Nagasaki airport. So I will tell you how to get Ikeshima from Nagasaki airport.There are 3 ways to ship to Ikeshima.


・神浦港 (Konoura Port)
・瀬戸港 (Seto Port)
・佐世保港 (Sasebo Port)


I recommend Seto and Konoura.
Seto is far from the Nagasaki airport, but you can take till around 6'oclock.
Knoura is on the way to Seto, so I will wrote down the way from Nagasaki Airport to Seto port.


(Time Table)





1. First you take the bus from Nagasaki airport.
It takes 50 minutes and 900 yen.



2. Get off the bus in Nagasaki Shinchi Terminal&Nagasaki Station.
Walk to the bus stop between the Nagasaki Station and Bus Terminal(Where you get off the bus).
The bus stop is located in the middle of two road. Probably you see many people waiting for the bus. When I was waiting for the bus, I was confused by too many buses.
*Am I real Japanese? lol

Well, take the bus toward 桜の里ターミナル(Sakura no Sato Terminal).
It takes 45 minutes and 510 yen.



3. Get off the bus in 桜の里ターミナル(Sakura no Sato Terminal).

When you get off the bus, you see the door in front of you. Go thorough the door, and enter into the meeting room. You can wait in it till the bus come. Your bus is toward 坂の浦(Saka no Ura).

The bus stops in front of the door in the other side. You go out and get on the bus.
The bus runs once in an hour, so don't miss it!!



4. Get off the bus in NTT大瀬戸(NTT Oseto)
Well you can take a ferry. Buy a ticket in the ticket store.
When the ferry comes, you should come to get on by yourself (No one comes to inform lol).


It takes 25 minutes.




(*excited)




Then you are in Ikeshima!


When I get there, it is around 6 o'clock.






(The dusk)








Where should I stay?

There is only one way to stay night in Ikeshima. Staying in the 中央会館(Tyuou Kaikan)

It costs 3384 yen per day.
Compared with other hotels, it seems so cheap. You must book by making a call to 
0959-26-2030. (8:00~21:00)


Tell the date you wanna stay and the number of people. Pay when you will stay.
Towel, bath towel, toothbrush, dryer, Wi-fi are provided with the room.


Want to see a pic of room?

Traditional Japanese room you see.

You can take the bath in Tyuou Kaikan or walk to the public baths.
Tell that you will go to the public baths and receive a flashlight.

I used the bath in Tyuou Kaikan bcoz Im too tired to go out.








Note that you should bring foods by yourself.


There is only one store selling foods, but the shopkeeper sometimes close the store bcoz of state of health.
When I went to Ikeshima, the store is closed.
The manager of Tyuou Kaikan informed me in advance by a call, but maybe you can't get a call.
(Probably he can't speak English.)

So you should bring your food in preparation for the closing of the store.








Continue to the next article....
(A Complete Guide to Ikeshima pt.2: Coal Mining Island Filled with Cats)




Feel free to comment!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Over 300 Songs] BTS All Songs and Covers List in Order A to Z

Hey guys! I'm a Japanese ARMY who wants to communicate with international ARMY. Forgive me some grammar mistakes;; Well, today I'll introduce all songs by BTS in order a to z. Actually I wrote about it in Japanese, and it seems to meet a big demand. So I made up my mind to wrote it in English. There is already a blog about all songs list in order,  or by each album. And I will wrote it a to z. Please comment, if  there were any songs I didn't wrote down. ・Album Songs 00:00 134340 2!3! 21st Century Girl 24/7=heaven A Brand New Day (ft. Zara Larsson) Airplane Pt.2 All Night (ft. Juice WRLD) Am I Wrong Anpanman Answer: Love Myself A Supplementary Story : You Never Walk Alone AWAKE Bapsae(Silver Spoon) Bapsae(Silver Spoon) Japanese ver. BEGIN Best Of Me Best Of Me Japanese ver. Blanket Kick Black Swan Blood Sweat & Tears Blood Sweat & Tears Japanese ver. Boy In Luv Boy In Luv Japanese ver. Boy In L

BTS Member Names and Nicknames in Japanese! told by Japanese ARMY

Hey guys I'm Japanese ARMY who wants to communicate with Intl ARMY. My bias is Yoongi, and my bias wrecker is Jin. To think what can I do as Japanese ARMY, I came up with the idea to write their names in Japanese. I am also wondering whether I should write about my experiences in BTS concert in Japan... Anyway, today I will write down BTS Names List for Intl ARMY who wants to search FA, Pics, Movies posted by Japanese ARMY. First of all, BTS is called as 防弾少年団(Boudan Syounendan) in Japan. But most Japanese ARMY use "バンタン(Bangtan)" as Korean ARMY. Well, let's talk about Names and Nicknames of Members. ・Jin Jin is basically called as "ジン(Jin)""ソクジン(SoekJin)". Some people use "ソクジニ、ソッジニ(Soekjin-i)" affectionately. Nickname List ・ジンくん(Jin Kun) ・ジン兄さん(Jin Bro) ・左から3番目の男(Third man from the left) ・SUGA/Yoongi Yoongi is called as "ユンギ(Yoongi)""シュガ(

[BTS] All BTS Rap Line Songs List

  Hi, I wrote the article on all bts songs long long time ago. And I decided to wrote about all bts rap line songs as hiphop lover. Here we go. ●Who is rap line? It means RM(namjoon), SUGA(Yoongi), J-HOPE(Hoseok). ●All Rap Line Songs Cypher 1 Cypher 2 : Triptych Cypher 3 :Killer Cypher 4 Satoori Rap Intro : Skool Luv Affair UGH! DDAENG Outro: Tear Respect (RM, SG) All Night (ft. Juice WRLD) Outro: Her ●Songs by RM Intro : Persona REFLECTION Intro:What am I to you Trivia 承:Love *Mixtape* Voices Do You Awakening Monster Drop Joke God Rap Rush ft. Krizz Kaliko Life Drifting I Believe tokyo seoul(prod.HONNE) moonchild badbye(with eAeon) uhgood everythingoes(with NELL) forever rain *Cover Songs and Other Songs* Crying over you feat. HONNE (RM) Champion (RM, Yong Guk, Zelo, Suga, Jenissi, Kidoh, 4MC) Because I’m a foolish woman (RM, Kan Mi Youn) Ashes (RM, JLim, Iron) Stupid in love (RM, SoYou) Umbrella (RM, Yuiko) Champion (Fall Out Boy ft.RM) F*ck Cockroachez (RM ft.ZICO) You Can't