Skip to main content

Ultimate Gide to Coal Mining Island Gunkanjima(Hashima), Nagasaki by Japanese



Hey guys.


To people who visited this blog for the first time, let me introduce about myself for a while.
I'm a Japanese travel blogger wanting you guys to know about Japan more.



In last spring vacation, I had enough time to go somewhere.
Fortunately I had enough money to travel thanks to my part-time job.


So I made a plan to go somewhere in Japan.
Gunkanjima, which I've long wanted to visit, came into my mind.
Then I made up my mind to go to Gunkanjima(Hashima) and Ikeshima Island, Nagasaki.
(Now you noticed I was obsessed with abandoned places like them)


I will wrote about Ikeshima someday. 
Stay tuned.





What tour should I book?



You know we can't enter Gunkanjima(Hashima) without guide by shipping companies.
So you must book a tour unless you charter a cruise.

I booked a tour by Seaman Firm, bcoz it is cheapest of all and it stops only by Gunkanjima.
(I was not interested in other Takashima things)



You can book a tour online.
If you print this PDF and show them when you take on the ship, you  can receive a discount at 300 yen(about 3$). Don't miss it!
Then you must print a written pledge.

If the ship can't go to the sea, they can inform by e-mail.



The tour costs 3600yen and the island entering fee costs 300yen. The total is 3900yen(about 39$).
If you use the ticket above, the total is 3600yen.






How can I get to the meeting place?




Probably you will come from the Nagasaki airport.
So I'll introduce how to get the meeting place from the airport.


1. In Nagasaki airport, take the bus from the 4th stand or 5th stand. 
It takes you 50 minutes, 900 yen.


2. Get off the bus in Nagasaki Shinti Terminal& Nagasaki Station.
Take the streetcar(長崎電気軌道, Nagasaki Electric Railway Route1 toward 正覚寺, Syokakuji)  
It takes 16 minutes and 120 yen from Step2 to Step4.



You get on the street car through the rear door and get it off through the front door. When the announcement voice say the name of the station of your destination, put the button to inform that you will get off.



Route chart:
長崎駅前Nagasaki Station→五島町(Gotoumati)→大波止(Ohato)→出島(Dejima)→新地中華街(Shinchi Chinatown)



3. Change the street cars in 新地中華街, Shinchi Chinatown and take the Route5 toward 石橋, Ishibashi.
When u change the street cars, put the fares into the box and say "NoritsugiKen wo kudasai(Give me the ticket for changing trains)" to the driver. Then the driver will pass you the ticket. You can use it later.


Route chart:
新地中華街(Shinchi Chinatown)→メディカルセンター(Medical Center)→大浦海岸通り(Oura Kaigan Dori)


4. Get off the street car in 大浦海岸通り, Oura Kaigan Dori.
You put the ticket into the box.


5. Go to the meeting place. All you have to do is walking to the sea and find the prier.
It takes only 5 minutes.




Now you get the meeting place!






Gunkanjima Guide


The tour takes two hours and half.
First, the sailor explain about Gunkanjima and battleships around there.



(Battle Ships)




Then the ship go around the Island.
You can see Gunkanjima for 360 degrees!






You can go out the ship's decks.
Take photos for the time.

Gunkanjima looks like a battleship.
That's why it is called as Gunkanjima(Battleship Island).




Photographs time📷

(65th Apartment)











Well let's go on shore.
Land the gunkanjima and listen to the explaining.



Sometimes people who lived in Gunkanjima join the tour because they don't have the way to come to the Gunkanjima except the tour. 
(It is forbidden to land Gunkanjima without permitting)






In Gunkanjima, there were many people.
At that time, they could earn much money by coals mined in Gunkanjima.
Miners brought their family to Gunkanjima.

There were some facilities such as school, police station, and movie theater.
They enjoyed their life in the small place.


But soon the coal mining was stopped.


People began to use oil instead coal.
Mine scale is decreased.
People left Gunkanjima, and there are no one living there now.




Recently people who love abandoned places as me, come to visit Gunkanjima.
As a sightseeing place, Gunkanjima attract people now.

I hear some people try to register Gunkanjima as one of world heritages.





(Torch)

In night, there are no lights.
They established this torch for ships in night.



















Finally we took a picture together.
It will be shown in the website of Gunkanjima Seaman Firm.


We were in Gunkanjima for few minutes, but it impressed me.
Before visiting, I recommend you to search about the history of Gunkanjima.
So you can enjoy Gunkanjima more.
(Unfortunately there are no guide in English)






Hope you enjoyed my blog.
See you guys. Let's meet in the next article.



Feel free to comment.
If you have any question on things written in Japanese, I can translate for u.

Thank you for reading!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Over 300 Songs] BTS All Songs and Covers List in Order A to Z

Hey guys! I'm a Japanese ARMY who wants to communicate with international ARMY. Forgive me some grammar mistakes;; Well, today I'll introduce all songs by BTS in order a to z. Actually I wrote about it in Japanese, and it seems to meet a big demand. So I made up my mind to wrote it in English. There is already a blog about all songs list in order,  or by each album. And I will wrote it a to z. Please comment, if  there were any songs I didn't wrote down. ・Album Songs 00:00 134340 2!3! 21st Century Girl 24/7=heaven A Brand New Day (ft. Zara Larsson) Airplane Pt.2 All Night (ft. Juice WRLD) Am I Wrong Anpanman Answer: Love Myself A Supplementary Story : You Never Walk Alone AWAKE Bapsae(Silver Spoon) Bapsae(Silver Spoon) Japanese ver. BEGIN Best Of Me Best Of Me Japanese ver. Blanket Kick Black Swan Blood Sweat & Tears Blood Sweat & Tears Japanese ver. Boy In Luv Boy In Luv Japanese ver. Boy In L

BTS Member Names and Nicknames in Japanese! told by Japanese ARMY

Hey guys I'm Japanese ARMY who wants to communicate with Intl ARMY. My bias is Yoongi, and my bias wrecker is Jin. To think what can I do as Japanese ARMY, I came up with the idea to write their names in Japanese. I am also wondering whether I should write about my experiences in BTS concert in Japan... Anyway, today I will write down BTS Names List for Intl ARMY who wants to search FA, Pics, Movies posted by Japanese ARMY. First of all, BTS is called as 防弾少年団(Boudan Syounendan) in Japan. But most Japanese ARMY use "バンタン(Bangtan)" as Korean ARMY. Well, let's talk about Names and Nicknames of Members. ・Jin Jin is basically called as "ジン(Jin)""ソクジン(SoekJin)". Some people use "ソクジニ、ソッジニ(Soekjin-i)" affectionately. Nickname List ・ジンくん(Jin Kun) ・ジン兄さん(Jin Bro) ・左から3番目の男(Third man from the left) ・SUGA/Yoongi Yoongi is called as "ユンギ(Yoongi)""シュガ(

[BTS] All BTS Rap Line Songs List

  Hi, I wrote the article on all bts songs long long time ago. And I decided to wrote about all bts rap line songs as hiphop lover. Here we go. ●Who is rap line? It means RM(namjoon), SUGA(Yoongi), J-HOPE(Hoseok). ●All Rap Line Songs Cypher 1 Cypher 2 : Triptych Cypher 3 :Killer Cypher 4 Satoori Rap Intro : Skool Luv Affair UGH! DDAENG Outro: Tear Respect (RM, SG) All Night (ft. Juice WRLD) Outro: Her ●Songs by RM Intro : Persona REFLECTION Intro:What am I to you Trivia 承:Love *Mixtape* Voices Do You Awakening Monster Drop Joke God Rap Rush ft. Krizz Kaliko Life Drifting I Believe tokyo seoul(prod.HONNE) moonchild badbye(with eAeon) uhgood everythingoes(with NELL) forever rain *Cover Songs and Other Songs* Crying over you feat. HONNE (RM) Champion (RM, Yong Guk, Zelo, Suga, Jenissi, Kidoh, 4MC) Because I’m a foolish woman (RM, Kan Mi Youn) Ashes (RM, JLim, Iron) Stupid in love (RM, SoYou) Umbrella (RM, Yuiko) Champion (Fall Out Boy ft.RM) F*ck Cockroachez (RM ft.ZICO) You Can't